Friday, December 26, 2008

Ghajini The Preview ... Review

Movie: Ghajini(2008) [Preview]
Language:Hindi
People: Aamir Khan,AR Murgadoss.


No, I am not going to talk about Memento , Christopher Nolan , the Tamil Version or The hair Cut. But this entry is specifically dedicated to the hype that ghajini has been able to generate. Kudos to Aamir & Co. for it.

Talking about the Hype I am not going to crunch numbers or to tell you how a certain celebrity has taken to art after watching the movie. Instead how the Hype has affected me . Now being in US , I have been watching a lot of movies on the big screen, probably one every weekend/fortnight. Big blockbusters or super duds, Hindi or English,Action or Comedy. So that narrows it down to ... well basically anything.

So after all this movie watching, never before , and I mean NEVER before it has happened to me that I have walked into a movieplex and I couldn't get a seat to watch the movie that I wanted to. Ghajini has done that to me more than once !!

Day before yesterday We walked in at 9:05 for a 9:15 show ( that's not late, that's good enough to get a seat and some popcorn) . We got the tickets (Yes!!) walked in but there wasn't a decent seat available, So we walked out thinking wow! An Indian movie has done something extraordinary. It made at least one screen in that multiplex to say "Sold Out". We got our tickets refunded , No questions asked (yeah , try doing that in India) .

So Yesterday , We planned the mission to perfection (Or So I thought) . Reaching for the same show but a good hour at hand. and Guess what SOLD OUT !! This was really something that had an unsettling soothing feeling about it. My friends and I were not gonna give up, So the battalion marched towards a another theater that was 20 miles away. We reached our new destination at 9:15 , The next show of Ghajini was at 10:50. There was a horde of people over there , which is unusual because 9:15 in atlanta is like midnight in India.

Anyways ignoring the crowd we split ourselves into three queues in hope to get a ticket, Since the queue wasn't moving I went up to the counter to check what's going on. Well a part a me might have been expecting that answer, yeah SOLD OUT again. So then the worn out soldiers went back to the original place get a ticket for today , Yes we managed to lay our hands on a ticket yesterday. Now we need to make sure today that we get a seat , Will we be fourth time lucky?

Having scribbled this stuff, It has nothing to do with the movie, It might as well turn out to be an ordinary movie .But the Hype and hoopla can only be compared with maybe a Yash raj film or could be Johar prodn but not an Aamir Khan movie. So as I said earlier kudos to the production house to create this pain for me to get a TICKET!!.





No comments:

Post a Comment